Monthly Archives: May 2012

New: mwSnapshots

Ever since MediaWiki migrated their source control management from Subversion to Git, the tool to download nightly snapshots has been froozen.

I’ve been waiting for a chance to learn more about Git’s command-line tools, so I took this opportunity to work on a new tool where I could do just that.

The new mwSnapshots tool is monitoring all branches of the mediawiki/core.git repository. Once an hour it will fetch all the new commits added to the repository and sync the HEAD positions of all branches. Then, for branches that have changed since the previous run, it will: check them out, create a new tar archive compressed by gzip, and clean up the old one.

→ Check it out: mwSnapshots

Tools moving to Git

As part of the spring cleaning this year I want to get all my toolserver tools in source control. Right now most tools are either in SVN, or not in source control at all. The ones in SVN have a directory in my Toolserver SVN repository in under trunk/[name-of-tool].

Each of those will be getting a Git repository. I will be (one-way) mirroring all of those repositories on my GitHub account.

For issue tracking I never had a central location, but I’m really liking the Issue tracker that GitHub provides for repositories. So I’ll start referring to that as the central issue tracker for tools.

As a start I’ve moved these into Git, and mirrored on GitHub:

Continue reading Tools moving to Git